Mechanics of Goal Setting – Part 1
• What do you want, right now?
• How are you stopping yourself from getting it?
• What are you going to do about it?
Be clear about what you want, clarify the things you are saying yes and not to. I believe we live in a universe where everything we want is available to us if we ask in the correct way.
State what you want and continually break it down by exploring each statement with questions until your goal aligns with your heart’s desire. If you said, “I want to have a net worth of $1,000,000.” What would you do with that money? Would you open a business, become a philanthropist or travel the world? With each answer, repeat the process. So you would like to start a company. What type of company? When you are finished, ask yourself, “How will the world be better once I have accomplished this?”
Modify and expand your goals to those that make the biggest impact and positive result in the world, make them worthy of your time and energy. Write down your goal in present tense, compelling, and positive form and read it daily with feeling, using all of your senses.
Good leaders take full responsibility for their life as it is in the present moment. Ask questions to ensure that you are aware of the obstacles that may block the realization of your goal.
• Why has life taken me in other directions?
• Is there fear in achieving this goal?
• Will I stop behaviours that are not in alignment with this goal?
• If not, what will I continue to do? Can these activities and my vision coexist?
Honestly, evaluate your emotional self and any possible blocks you may have to succeeding. Discover what has stopped you so far or else you will remain in your current state.